Terms and Conditions
Each participant (Participant) who enters and/or competes in the Ports of Auckland Round the Bays Event (Event) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledges that these terms and conditions may be subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Stuff Limited (Stuff) without notice to the Participant.
Agreement Waiver and Indemnity
- I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient training for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of my participation in the Event.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with my participation in the Event, including but not limited to, loss of life or permanent injury. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards
andrisks before participating in the Event and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the Event organisersand other persons, corporations and bodies involved, engaged in promoting or staging the Event.
- I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the Event from all claims, demands
andproceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify such persons or corporations against all liability, loss or damage arising out of my participation in the Event, including any breach of these terms and conditions by me. This liability, loss or damage includes,but is not limited to, the cost to defend or settle any claim, suit, action or proceeding brought against Stuff. This release extends to and includes Stuff and its related bodies corporate, and its respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, promoters, sponsors and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these terms and conditions are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so.
Event Rules and Regulations
- I understand that Stuff reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event including the date, course
andlocation at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published via the Event website, Event e-newsletter and/or other means. Stuff will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the Event being modified in accordance with clause 5.
- I acknowledge that Stuff or its representatives may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event (a) if my
behaviouris inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), or (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- Entries may not, without the prior written consent of Stuff, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If an entry is sold or used in breach of this condition, the entry may be
cancelledwithout a refund and the bearer of the entry may be refused admission.
- I agree to abide by all Event rules, terms and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials and the police. The Event
organisersreserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel my entity, or disqualify me at any time, including, without limitation, for safety or insurance reasons, or if in the opinion of the organisers, I am unable to complete the Event within the various cut-off times. If this happens, I agree that I am responsible for my own actions and support arrangements after this time. Stuff will not be obliged to refund any portion of the entry fee in such circumstances.
- I acknowledge I will only be eligible for any prize that may be offered in connection with placing at the Event if I complete the approved course by the indicated cut-off times and in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Event rules and regulations.
- I acknowledge that I must wear the official chest bib corresponding to the registration made in my name on my chest such that the allotted number and sponsor’s name can be seen for the duration of the Event.
- I understand that starting before my assigned start time will result in disqualification.
- I understand that no roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters or other equipment, structure or accessories that may cause injury will be permitted.
- I understand that any equipment that may cause injury to myself or any other Participants is not permitted. Prior approval must be obtained from Stuff if any structure (other than prams or wheelchairs) is intended to be pushed, towed or carried by any Participant during the Event. Approval can be obtained by contacting Stuff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I understand the consumption of alcohol on the course is strictly prohibited.
- I understand that timing services are provided by contracted timing service providers, and Stuff takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the timing data.
- I understand that the Event referee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in.
Consent to Medical Assistance
- I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered direction of Event Medical Officials in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me during my participation in the Event.
- I consent to the release of my personal information to medical assistance
personaland Event organisersin the event of a medical emergency during my participation in the Event.
Event Entry, Refunds
- I agree that registration in the Event is personal and specific to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in my place.
- I understand that should my contact details change after my registration is completed it is my responsibility to notify the Event
- If a person-to-person transfer option is made available, which will only occur at Stuff’s discretion, I consent to
payingany applicable administration fee at the time of transfers.
- I understand that, as a general rule, no refunds will be issued for any Event entries, including where the Event is
cancelledfor any reason.
- Refunds may, at Stuff’s discretion, be made prior to
5:00pm(NZT) Friday 2 February 2018, where participation in the Event is not appropriate due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. This refund will be for the Event entry fee only and will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as event merchandise or charitable donations. Event participants will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee. 50% of the administration fee will be deducted from this Refund. If a race bib has already been sent out this must be returned to Stuff at the Participant’s own expense, prior to the refund being processed.
- I understand that promotional codes may only be used where a Participant meets the requirements/ conditions applying to the code, including using the relevant code within the period of validity. Promotional codes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and must only be used by the Participant(s) to whom the relevant code was issued
toby Stuff, the event organiser.
- I understand that Stuff reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or cancel any promotional code(s) at any time without notice to Participants and that no refunds will be made to Participants who have access to a promotional code but did not use the code at the time of purchase.
Consent to Media Coverage of Event
- I consent to the collection, publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, Event result, image, video, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Event result and applicable age bracket in any Stuff publication both online and in print and/or on the Event website) without payment or compensation.
Entry Form and Personal Information
- I declare that all the information supplied by me in this registration form in order to register for the Event is true and correct.
- I will write an emergency contact name and phone number in the space provided on my supplied Event bib and agree that Stuff may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an emergency.
- I consent to Stuff entering my personal details contained on this entry form into the Event database which will be used for the administration of the Event. Stuff collects personal information to manage participation in the Event. Unless indicated otherwise, Stuff may disclose the information provided by you to Stuff to its related bodies corporate and may use the information for future marketing and promotional purposes, including offering products and services of potential interest to you. Stuff may also share this information
- Use of the registration platform and Stuff.co.nz is subject at all times to Stuff’s standard terms and conditions of use which can be viewed here http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/10647764/Website-terms-and-conditions.
- I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Privacy Officer c|- Legal, Stuff Limited, PO Box 2595 Wellington.
- I acknowledge that if I select to become a member of a team, the team manager will have access to download my personal details, including my name, contact telephone number, email address and home address. As a team manager, I understand that my email address will be disclosed to my team members (but not to members of other teams).
- Team managers who submit entry forms on behalf of their team members undertake to make each team member who is entered to participate in the Event aware of these terms and conditions. Stuff reserves the right to cancel any entry made by a team manager at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, that team manager not having the requisite authority to enter that team member.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the participant. I also agree that, if signing this on behalf of a participant under the age of 13 years, that participant will be accompanied by an adult at all times during the Event.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Event
- I understand that Stuff reserves the unfettered right to cancel the Event at any time. Reasons for cancellation may include, but are not limited to, Stuff deciding in its sole discretion cancellation is required due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, there will be no refund of Entry fee and the
cancelledEvent may not necessarily be re-scheduled. A decision will be made as soon as possible on Event day and communicated to participants.
- Stuff will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the Event being
cancelledor rescheduled in accordance with clause 35.